Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

welcoming August, welcoming detox

Yay, its August... I dont know whats with all of the excitements here..
But one thing i know, the anniversary is ON =)
besides, I want to try something new every month starting from now on..
and thats a long way to go, till i got tired of trying different things..

anyway, what about August?
I want to get my detox done, and by posting it here, means: i have to have it done~

Oh yea, i suppose to have it by the end of last month, but lets say July did not treat me very well?

Anyway, I have decided to do my detox starting from this Wednesday to Friday the 6th..
I want it to be done by the weekend since its going to be a special one.. =)
and I can not start today, because I have a dinner plan with a friend already..
*and part of me just does not want to skip it*

so, its going to be my first "three days liquid detox"
i read it in one of the free magazine somewhere quite a long time ago already..
as far as I can understand, liquid detox will help to eliminate all solid foods from your tummy for a limited time and replace them with the fluids. this way, your tummy will have the chance to focus on getting rid of the body toxins while not being continually overloaded with solid food to process.. which makes sense to me..

i did a lil bit of research here and there,
about whether i need to stick to water only (as water is the best liquid towards ur body intoxinating process) or juice and tea (as it still provide u with a lil bit of energy and calories, which will help me to stay fit during the day)
and this is what i come up with as my liquid detox program:

1. Early in the morning: A glass of warm water with fresh lemon juice
Apparently it boost ur energy and is the most popular suggestion to starts ur day in doign a liquid detox program. Besides I know that fresh lemon is good for my tummy, especially as i am an AB blood type.

2. Lunch time: A glass of fruit juice with high antioxidants (might be citrus, blueberries, acai berries, passion fruit and strawberries)
This will be the biggest energy consumption for the program, so I better have it on time before i feel dizzy or headache. I also need to note to buy as fresh as possible juice, no preservatives, and if possible no sugar.
Wow, it sounds hard already?

3. Dinner time: Smaller portion of fruit juice and A glass or herbal tea before bed
Again, no sugar, no preservatives.
And, water water water in between,
plus some herbal tea just in case i got so fucked up with water during the day =)

Wish me luck~

Images by lou

0 comments:

Post a Comment