Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Gillard - first female PM in Australia

This is crazy, one day or so and suddenly Australia has its first new PM.
Im not so political myself, but i feel like writing something down here. You know, just in case I lost my long term memory, then I can start reading my blog to refresh what big things had happened. LOL.

Anyway, the news has creates quite a stir around the world, which is easy to understand. This has only happen once in the history of Australia, for the labor party specifically.
The Age describes it in more detail:

"THE party-room putsch that replaced Kevin Rudd with Julia Gillard as Prime Minister has made news bulletins around the world, with America's CNN broadcasting her first press conference live."

I like how Rudd decided to give his public conference for the last time with his family behind, and how he can get so emotional. Showing his soft side? Anyway, lets hope the new PM can get us to a better place, not that am saying Rudd is better or anything. I really wish I got my residency visa really soon, so I can take part on the next vote as an Australian. =)


In short, quick link to show a poll vote about which PM you prefer ~ happy politics

0 comments:

Post a Comment