Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Creme Brulee ~ cinnamon twist

Funny how things can spin around pretty quickly when you least expected it.
I bought a mini blow torch from a shop close to work cause i wanted the ramekins that it come with.
Having it sitting around in the kitchen made me curious and wanted to try to make some brulee.
Very typical, ey?

Oh well, anyway..
I found this recipe here that i wanted to follow originally.
But clumsy me, when i shop for ingredients, i forgot to pay for the vanilla bean, Doh..~
So being such an Einstein, and overly confident, i put my own twist on it..
I swap it with cinnamon instead.

How it turns out?
Not bad really, all went well..
Despite the fact that i dont get to use the torch cause it has no gas on it (what was i thinking), and that the colour of it becomes darker and sort of brownie from the cinnamon, it tasted great...
I was quite excited that i got a step by step pictures of it..
So here it is.. my cinnamon creme brulee

First step of whisking egg and other ingredients together

Colour changed as soon as you put your vanilla and cinnamon

Halfway to cook

Cinnamon Creme Brulee ready to serve


0 comments:

Post a Comment